Ball Headed in by Byrne

Match Report: Paget Rangers 6-0 Heath Hayes

The Bears Dominate at Coles Lane

Paget Rangers bounced back from a Monday night defeat with an emphatic win over Heath Hayes, putting the Bears fifth in the table.

The opening 10 minutes accurately reflected how the game would go for both sides, Paget had most of the chances whilst Heath Hayes wasted the possession they had.

In the 10th minute that the Bears scored the afternoon’s first, after receiving an excellent aerial ball from Billy Fagg, Luke Holmes did well to earn a corner. Poor defending left Ryan Walker free and the Paget striker rose up and headed the ball into the net.

The Hayes found themselves two goals down only two minutes later when Ross Dempster did well to latch on to an over the top ball and poke it past Jordan Harvey, who was in no man’s land.

Conceding two goals in quick succession disrupted the visitors’ game plan and it was the home side that looked threatening going forward.

In the 32nd minute the Hayes were lucky not to go a man down after a reckless and dangerous challenge from Harry Phillips which left Kory Blake on the ground, in agony. Later the Paget midfielder would have to be stretchered off, but bizarrely Phillips was only shown a yellow card.

Paget continued to create chances as the first half drew to a close scoring their third in the 46th minute, the Hayes failed to deal with a Paget corner and again Walker was in space to fire home.

The Wee Gers dominated in the second half – producing some excellent football, none more so in the 58th minute when Holmes and Nathan Corry linked up well to set up Dempster, who saw his shot saved.

Minutes later Dempster would find the net again, volleying the ball into the goal after Harvey parried Taylor Byrne’s cross into the Dempster’s path.

In full control Paget attacked with freedom, and Byrne made it five when he headed in a corner in the 23rd minute.

After kick-off Paget regained possession almost immediately and Corry poked it in the back of the net to round off the scoring.

Even with a six goal lead Paget didn’t relent and had further chances, but the Hayes managed to avoid conceding further.